Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chicken Parmesan

It wound up being a late night tonight, but we made dinner anyway!  Jenna went on home to go to bed, which is where I should be too, but I decided to stay up and write instead.

Tonight we made Chicken Parmesan, which turned out really good!  Kept us up late though... We could have bypassed dinner altogether, but Jenna wanted to stay and watch My Strange Obsession on TLC.  Sometimes I don't know why they call it "The Learning Channel" anymore... I certainly didn't learn anything important... instead it left me rather disturbed!  Enough said...

Today Justin worked in the garden, planting potatoes and onions.  Harlee enjoyed watching:


Yes, he's still really cute :)

And for dinner, we've just got a pasta and chicken recipe to share with you.  I would have liked to add and salad or some kind of vegetable as always but we just wanted something quick since it was getting late.  Chicken Parmesan seems like a fancier kind of meal to me, but this definitely suited our needs for a quick dinner, and it was really really good too!  Here ya go:


Chicken Parmesan
Pasta:

16oz spaghetti, cooked al dente
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
~12oz spaghetti sauce

Heat olive oil in a sauce pan, add minced garlic and saute until tender.  Add sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.  Stir until heated through.  Add to spaghetti.

Chicken:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 egg
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Heat olive oil in a medium pan.  Dip chicken breasts into egg, then coat with bread crumbs.  Place in pan and brown on both sides.  Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.  Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheese to top of chicken, cook for 10 more minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.  Serve with pasta.

1 comment:

  1. First I want to say TAG YOUR IT! I was tagged with 11 questions and I am tagging you the answers and 11 different questions. I can't wait to see your answers. Check out my page for all the details: http://www.thechaptersofourlives.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-been-tagged.html

    You food always looks so freakn' good. I can't wait until August when I actually have a home/kitchen to cook in. I don't know if you have ever tried to make a good mean in a shoe box but it is very difficult. After August I am going to have a huge kitchen and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete