Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spinach Gorgonzola Burgers

Jenna didn't babysit today, instead it was a fantastic family day just the three of us, but dinner turned out soooooo good, and I HAD to share the recipe!!  Plus I had to gloat a little that I made this recipe up myself :)

We colored Easter Eggs today, which I've been looking forward to since, oh, when we took the Christmas tree down probably, haha.  That was always one of my favorite family traditions growing up - I guess because it was a unique opportunity to unleash some creative juices.  And they're just so pretty!  I'm excited to start the tradition with my own family now!

Pretty!  Oh and the bottom one has Harlee's hand print on it :)  It's raw, so I'm going to hollow it out and save it!
 
Harlee got a hold of one of the eggs... I don't think we'll be coloring this one...
After we did Easter eggs we took a walk to the park.  Harlee's cutting teeth pretty bad and wasn't having the best day, so a walk to the park was a great distraction for the poor guy.


He got pretty dirty... then after chewing a piece of broccoli and a pickle (yes he loves pickles too we found out) to shreds, he's going immediately to the bathtub!

Here's the recipe for dinner:


First off, the buns were a repeat - Sweet Rolls - oh I cannot get over how GOOD these are!!  And turned into burger buns, wow...
So the burgers, courtesy of my culinary genius, haha...

Spinach Gorgonzola Burgers

1lb ground meat (of course venison for us, but whatever you like!)
2 tbsp crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/3 cup chopped spinach
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 egg
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (or one slice of bread, torn to crumbs)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all above ingredients until combined, divide the meat into quarters and form into patties.  Cook over medium heat until you reach desired done-ness.  Place a slice of cheese of your choice (I used provolone) on each patty for the last 2 minutes of cooking.  Serve on those yummy buns with your choice of toppings and condiments, and enjoy!

We also served steamed broccoli and Oven Roasted Potatoes (only I used red potatoes instead of Yukon gold this time, since I had them on hand).

No comments:

Post a Comment